Full Job Description
Positions available at Soucy Plastiques, Soucy International, Soucy Caoutchouc, Soucy Rivalair and Soucy Belgen
WHY JOIN US?
- Permanent, full-time position
- Shift: day, evening, night and weekend shifts
- Salary: up to $21.00/hr depending on skills and experience
- Varied shift premium: up to $2.50/hr depending on the shift
- Group insurance (different plans adapted to your needs)
- Personal and floating vacations
- Employee and family assistance program
- Safe work environment
- Social activities.
HOW WILL YOU BE SPENDING YOUR TIME?
Do you like to use your mechanical and manual skills? We have a great opportunity for you!
- Manufacture rubber, plastic, cast iron, metal products while operating industrial machinery;
- Manipulate equipment to carry out various stages of production;
- Cutting, sanding and grinding parts.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have a good mechanical sense and you are a manual person;
- You have good physical abilities to handle large loads with a forklift.
Even if you have little experience, don’t hesitate to send us your application, our team will be there for you! Apply Now
Production Laborers (evening and night shifts positions)
Full Job Description
At Hitachi Energy, our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Hitachi Energy is a global leader in technology, and the largest supplier of transformers in the world. We are pioneering the digitalization of transformers, while working on the frontier of renewable energy and ultra-high voltage AC & DC applications. Hours: Evening shift: 15:15 – 23:30 Night shift: 23:30 – 07:00 (36.25 hours worked – 40 hours paid) Entry salary: 24,52$/hour with evening premium 0.80$/h and night premium 1,50$/h. Salary after 48 months of service: 30,7 $/hour with evening premium 0.80$/h and night premium 1,50$/h.
- Under the immediate authority of the Operation’s Supervisor, the candidate must meet production needs with respect to product quality, environment and health & safety aspects. The laborer is responsible for performing various tasks according to his assignment in any department of the manufacturing plant of distribution transformers. He will need to demonstrate his / her effectiveness and ability to carry out the responsibilities assigned to him in accordance with standard work instructions and product specifications. Without limitation, the following requirements provide an overview of the job:
- Perform repetitive handling, lifting, assembling, mounting and packaging tasks.
- Perform work standing, walking, lifting, pushing, pulling and bending frequently.
- Look for work preparation, make the internal and external connections of the accessories.
- Read and understand general assembly drawings, schematic, specs and production BOM.
- Perform general tests, validations and measurements to provide a fault-free product.
- Complete work orders, fulfill checklists and, if necessary, certain inspection documents.
- Perform basic maintenance of his work equipment, keep his work area clean and tidy.
- Meet and promote all standards, regulations or programs related to Health and Safety.
- Assume all other related duties in accordance with the prescribed instructions and work methods, as directed by the foreman or his representative.
- High School diploma completed.
- Technical Diploma, including reading of plans (an asset).
- Work experience in the manufacturing and industrial sector (an asset).
- Ability to follow the Health and Safety rules and procedures in force.
- Good physical conditions and ability to work standing for long periods of time.
- Punctuality, reliability, ability to work in a team and ease of adaptation to several tasks.
- Speed of execution, autonomy, and excellent learning ability.
- Interpretation of drawings and sketches, functional French and basic math skills.
- Have the attention to details, be able to combine a high level of quality and efficiency.
- Common manufacturing tools workmanship, use and interpretation of basic measuring instruments.
- Availability to work on an evening shift, night shift and sometimes the weekend.
- As part of this job offer, the male gender is used as a gender neutral, including men and women.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value.
Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries. In fiscal year 2020 we generated business volumes of around $10 billion USD as reported by Hitachi. www.hitachienergy.com Hitachi Energy values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. We are committed to employment equity and believe in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Hitachi Energy actively encourages applications from women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. Hitachi Energy encourages applicants to self-identify in the application process and is prepared to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Only selected applicants will be contacted